Zucchini and tomato pesto tart
- ¼ cup goatscheese
- ½ to 1 lemon, zest and juice of (depending on how lemony you like things to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 small zucchinis cut into thin rounds
- 16 cherry tomatoes cut into thin rounds
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry, cut into four even portions
- LIÁ extra virgin olive oil
For the pesto:
- 3 tablespoons LIÁ extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup loose basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
Preheat oven to 425’F
In a bowl, mix together the goat cheese, lemon zest, juice and thyme, until smooth.
Place the pastry quarters on a sheet pan. Spread each portion with the cheese mixture, leaving a ¼ inch gap. Layer the slices of zucchini and tomatoes on top, leaving the border uncovered.
Lightly season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then brush the edges with a little olive oil, place into the hot oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden in color and crisp.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by blending all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
Remove the sheet pan from the oven and dot each tart with pesto and a twist of black pepper, serve.